As school counselors we use a variety of methods to help our students become college, career, and life ready. Butler Middle School’s College and Career Readiness Comprehensive School Counseling Program is to ensure that all students are served equitably. Four components have been identified as fundamental elements by the Utah State Model:
* Collaborative Classroom Instruction
* Individual Planning
* Systemic Approach to Dropout Prevention
* System Support
The percentage of time allocated for each of these components may vary according to student and school needs. According to the state guidelines, at least 85% of a counselor’s time should be spent in direct services to students. The remaining 15% of a counselor’s time should be spent in System Support (planning, running, and organization of our program).